We encourage leadership
We offer many opportunities for children to lead, such as:
- self-nominating for leadership roles (digital leaders, house captains, vice-captains, and environment leaders)
- self-nominating (in Years 5 and 6) as Junior School Council representatives, including school and vice captains
- student-led research into other students’ views
- student-run school assemblies
- buddy system for prep students
- school ambassadors program under the Hong Kong Sister School Exchange
- special interest clubs (e.g. chess, languages, programming, and sport).
We learn beyond the school gates
We take children on excursions to enrich learning:
- Il Campeggio Italiano, an immersive camp for Year 5 students learning Italian to further their language skills and cultural knowledge camping for Years 3 and 4
- Canberra trip for Years 5 and 6, to build students’ understanding of how we are governed, how laws are made, electoral processes and rights, Australian identity, history and heritage
- exchange visit between PHPS and our Hong Kong Sister School, PLK Luk Hing Too Primary, to develop children as global citizens
- inquiry-inspired excursions across art, maths, Italian, science and more
- interschool sport for Years 5 and 6 in tee ball, netball, AFL, soccer and basketball.